Tuesday 17 January 2012

VIPs in Penang 'n' extra stuff...

A little change from my usual 'all about me 'n' Singapore' blog...talking about someone 'n' somewhere else :-)



My parents-in-law broke up their stay in Singapore with a short break in Penang, Malaysia. They chose to stay in town rather than by the beach.  Their stay at at the George Town Traders Hotel with the extra 'lux' of The Traders Club meant their stay truly was perfect and a real VIP experience right from the moment of check-in. Of course, they loved it and its highly recommended...it does sound fantastic and I can't wait to try it with my 3 men.





Guests of the Hotel can 'utilize' the facilities at the Traders’s sister property at Batu Feringgi Beach via regular shuttle, so if the sea 'n' sand is your thing then the hotel in the town can still work for you.




My Parents-in-Law no matter what country they are in, near or far, like to sample the local transport and found the buses in Penang easy and cheap to get around.  Here's a few pics of the transport and some of the touristy stuff they saw...



http://www.butterfly-insect.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Chaiya_Mangkalaram


http://www.pinangperanakanmansion.com.my/

I'll leave Malaysia now but will follow up this 'change in blog style' with a little tour of Australia when I get the travel tales from my parents...

I'm off now but leave you with a couple of bits 'n' bobs to look forward to in near future blogs...


smiling as the Lunar New Year preparations are in full bloom...lion dances and dragon festivals will be a dozen a day daily event :-)


not smiling, but more ranting, that folk are carrying out their annual spring clean and deciding they no longer need a pet (or maybe just not an 'out of date' pet)...some people!  I have no tolerance for them!  The SPCA are, and will continue to be, inundated with 'strays 'n' surrenders' during this festive season :-(

On a more smiley note, I'm going to finally enjoy the opening ceremony of my January BellaBox :-)

Kisses 'n' smiles from me xx :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment