Tuesday 11 October 2011

Ah yes, Sentosa made me smile...

The first weekend of October my husband took me to Sentosa.  We had intended to go a little further afield but, as this was the first time to leave the boys at home we decided to play it safe and rest close to 'home'. 

When we lived in Singapore previously (2000-2004), Sentosa was very much a run down poor neighbour to the City of Singapore.  Over the last 6 years though Sentosa has had extensive renovation and (painful but fantastic) facelifts.  The last 'big' thing to pop up there was Universal Studios in 2010.  Now, Sentosa is the fun and 'disney land-ish' neighbour to the city!  I really do not mean that in a bad way - I love it ;-)


Our 1 night 2 day stay on Sentosa was just perfect.  A little known fact is that 'Sentosa' translated from Malay means 'peace and tranquility'.  For Jason and I, our stay was exactly that (with a little romance included) ;-)

However beautiful it is to sit on the beach and enjoy a glass of chilled white wine, I would say the Sentosa planners have missed something.  Remember the Trueman Show?  The painted sky and clouds out in the distance?  Well Sentosa needs one of those painted scenes to hide the ships sailing in and out of the busy port.  As just about everything is man made or out of this world there I would have expected someone to have thought of this! 

A few other Sentosa 'things' that I am absolutely loving are ifly - (world's largest wind tunnel for 'sky diving experience) check their website, it is totally amazing and I so want to do it (with the kids, of course) http://www.iflysingapore.com/ and even without a 'true surf' on the calm sea the Wave House can offer a super amazing surfing experience http://www.wavehousesentosa.com/ here is a pic I took while we were looking on in amazement...


I cannot finish on my talk of Sentosa without mentioning a couple of quotes from the details on their map..."a wide variety of food ranging from sandwiches to coffee",  "whether it's for a delicious, wholesome meal or a tasty snack, you'll find what you're looking for here" and "Discover the history of Singapore Cable Car - featuring THREE generations of cable car cabins". 

Sure, there is truly something for everyone on Sentosa ;-)

So, while my husband has been away (for the last 6 nights - and counting) I have not felt great!  Strange how much I rely on him just to keep me smiling and on the straight and narrow of life!  Everything has been wrong, my weight, my face, my wardrobe, my hair...Today though I got out of bed, straightened my hair perfectly with my GHDs and put on a fab 'visiting the bank manager' outfit.  I felt great and got the bank problem sorted (maybe I'll blog more about banks and their relationships with expat wives on another day...) 

But yes, I was going somewhere with this...hair...yes, hair and feeling good!  I, and I'm guessing most if not all women and guys, do not feel good if their is a disastrous nest...in the last couple of days I've gone from wanting it all chopping off, wanting it dying blond, wanting it wavy/curly (with this humidity could be difficult).  As said though, today, with my perfectly straight and a lovely shade of Rhiaaaaanna red, I felt like 'the only girl in the world' ;-)  Here is a pic of a style I crossed 'on t' 'tinternet' today which made me smile;-)

As I sign off for today, only one more sleep until my wonderful husband returns and my boys have only 1 'n' 1/2 days at school until October break...what shall we do for 17 days (!) and where shall I take them?  Of course I will talk about family fun in Singapore and keeping the kids entertained (and doing homework) in the next couple of weeks blogs...until then,

kisses 'n' smiles from me xx ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment