Thursday 23 February 2012

sit-ups 'n' no alcohol...



Did you eat pancakes on Tuesday? I did, one perfect pancake, absolutely covered in Nutella 'n' golden syrup :-) yummy :-P



So, now we are in the period of Lent....how many people will be giving up 'something' for these 40 days and 40 nights?  What will it be...?



In past years I've gone without a variety of things (mainly food) chocolate, cheese, coffee and wine (I did excellent with them all...except coffee and wine :-( This year I'm going for the BIG one... ALCOHOL in every form! yikes! Will I succeed, I don't know, I hope so!




As well as a heck of a lot of encouragement and will power, I decided I may be in need of a little incentive for completing this task.  My Mr Man asked what I might want...?  Well, I've had my ears focused on some beats by Dr Dre for a month now....

 

Aren't these just a perfect incentive :-)


So, whilst doing this crazy 'no alcohol' thing, I've also decided to up my exercise routine and hit the gym a bit more often...



I started on Tuesday with a run with 'my girl' Rhiaaaaaannnaaa (the iPod version;-)), the weather got too hot so I headed into the gym. I managed 3.5k in just over 20 mins, next 2k rowing. On Wednesday, just for extra pain, I did yoga class for 1 1/2 hours! The stretching yoga did do me a lot of good but 'damn that downward dog pose'! 'cos my arms 'n' shoulders are proper aching. Got to think positive...no pain no gain 'n' all that :-)

I'm off now to 'over-indulge' in exercise, facebook 'n' water...but I promise - no alcohol :-)

kisses 'n' smiles from me xx :-)

1 comment:

  1. Not that much exercise please, everything in moderation is the way to go. Giving up the alcohol will be tough, I am therefore, going to support you and give it up myself, I am shaking just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete