Sunday 1 January 2012

1st January 2012

Happy New Year ! I truly hope 2012 is fine for everyone ;-)

Fab pic as Singapore celebrates the arrival of 2012
New Year's Eve started with sunshine, blue sky 'n' 30 degrees.  Picnic lunch at the East Coast Park beach, a little paddle in the sea, swimming in the pool, champagne aperitif, fab 'n' yummy dinner of Australian prawns to start followed by turkey 'n' veggies, a fair amount of wine and of course a few fireworks at midnight.  Fireworks always make me smile :-)



Actually, I don't really 'do' the whole 'New Year celebration' thing...interested to know that I am not alone in this 'feeling' a quick search on good old Google reveals this super sounding word; 'metathesiophobia' - or 'fear of change'...well, I don't think I need to be labeled with this 'phobia' as it's just a New Year thing for me and not 'change' in general.  Heck, I changed house 14 times 'n' changed the country I live in 5 times.  This year I shall not be moving house or changing continent :-)
I'm in Asia 'n' staying put :-)

Finally, New Year calls for a new NETS CashCard so it seems...just one of those things we only learn or think about when there is a problem!  This evening my Mr Man drove to the airport with the CashCard beeping and showing an error.  On close inspection the card did expire on 31-Dec-2011...so with no way of exiting or entering ERPs zones or carparks and with S$70 of stored value, we need get a new CashCard asap. 
I'd better check with Google for some CashCard info...

kisses 'n' smiles from me xx ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment