Friday 2 March 2012

Sunday, Champagne 'n' Richard Branson

When a Sunday includes a Champagne brunch at a 'posh' hotel the world really does seem like a better place :-) such a perfect way to keep smiling even though it's the last day of the wk/d ;-)



Our very first place of residence in Singapore was Great World Serviced Apartments and our 'local hotel' for Sunday brunch was the Grand Copthorne Waterfront...


Super happy memories from our many, many Sunday afternoons
by the Singapore River ;-)


My boys especially enjoyed the Easter Sunday Special...lots of yummy goodies for the 'kids' ;-)  Honestly, anything and everything was made of chocolate with a cute bunny 'n' chick theme :-)

When our family visited at Christmas time we treat them all to Christmas Day brunch at this good favourite... Yep, as we've become 'regulars', I was able to choose our fave spot in the big bay window over looking the Singapore River. Perfect, perfect :-)



I did intend to recommend all Singapore residents to reserve their table in Brios Café for Sunday Brunch but.....having contacted their F&B Manager I am informed that Brios Café is now hosting 'Afternoon Tea with sparkling wine'.  Gosh, how disappointing!  Looking on the bright side, I guess me 'n' my Mr Man will just have to try that out and yes, I'll review and let you know how it is...:-)

Over the last 11 months Mr Man and I have very much enjoyed familiarising ourselves with this Sunday brunch concept here in Singapore...

Conrad Centennial, Marriot Orchard, Pan Pacific

Pan Pacific refreshment :-)

Me 'n' Richard Branson ;-)
Pan Pacific, Singapore

Pan Pacific...although the Champagne 'n' food was wonderful, the setting of the café was not my 'personal' favourite.  I did enjoy the company though :-)  We happened to brunch at Pan Pacific during the 'Formula 1 night race' weekend...a bit of celebrity spotting never fails to make me smile :-)

Combining business 'n' wife tagging along travels...me 'n' Mr Man have also brunched in China and Vietnam (so far)...not on expenses though :-)
Ritz in Shanghai, Intercontinental, Ho Chi Minh City...

Market 39, Intercontinental,
Ho Chi Minh City

 
My most recent Sunday Brunch was in January at the Ritz Carlton in their Greenhouse.  We were there to celebrate my Aunty's (special) Birthday. It really was fabulous...
I have a thing for desserts ;-)

Option of Vintage Champagne or Rosé Champagne...also a cocktail station - I discovered the Mojito...absolutely amazing and now my fave cocktail, yummy ;-)

Oh, yes....anyone who knows me personally will know that I do Sunday brunch for the seafood course, desserts 'n' champagne but I am informed the real food is really good too ;-)

I'm finding it hard to believe we have been in Singapore 11 months!  How fast this time has gone...almost our leaving France/arriving in Singapore anniversary...Wow!

kisses 'n' smiles from me xx :-)

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this blog post, perhaps because I have visited the Sunday Brunch with you and as you say they are special

    ReplyDelete