Saturday 14 January 2012

Wine Universe, Margarita's 'n' New Asia

I thought I would do a little blog on some Singapore restaurants 'n' bars which have been making me smile these last few days :-)

Marina Bay Sands viewed from 71st storey at New Asia


Boat Quay viewed from 71st Storey of New Asia



I met my Mr Man for lunch this week and he treated me to a lovely lunch.  Oenotheque by wine Universe on Millenia Walk (check the link to their website...)



We took their lunch time set menu...I took the soup of the day, which was parsnip, followed by pork served with garlic mash, to finish off a very yummy freshly prepared crème brûlée served with mini side dish of soooo chocolatey ice cream :-)



Service and their staff, setting, food and drink were excellent.  I would recommend you book a table as even the lunch time seating gets pretty busy with business guys 'n' gals.


New Asia





Friday was my parents-in-law's last night in Singapore so something very special was required.  We began the evening with sunset 'n' cocktails at my favourite - the New Asia Bar which is perched on the 71st floor of the Swissotel, The Stamford.  Absolutely breath-taking views of my beautiful Singapore and a Lychee Martini cocktail worth every S$+++ :-)  For dinner we chose Margarita's at Dempsey Hill and we were extremely pleased with our choice :-)  Most definitely need to book a table as it's a big fave especially at the weekend.  We booked for 8.30pm, arrived on the dot and the restaurant was packed and remained so up until us leaving 2 hours later.  The ambiance, decoration, food and drinks are highly recommend by me for any occasion...wonderful.  There is a downside to this location which is lack of taxis...none passing through and a real struggle to get one on call. 



This was my Margarita glass...
I so wanted to pop it in my bag 'n' bring it home! 
Where can I buy some?


The only problem with all this yummy, yummy food is that I need to get back into the gym next week to row 'n' run off a kilo or two...

Lastly, I mentioned in a previous post that Wicked the Musical was coming to Singapore.  Well, it's been here since the beginning of December and I've finally got around to booking tickets...very excited to be going see the musical and check out the Marina Bay Sands Theatre :-)

kisses 'n' smiles from me xx ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment